Thursday, February 17, 2011

How to live in London

How to live in London
How to live in London by ♪ londonlydia▲ featuring a dome umbrella

As you may or may not know I was born and partly raised in London so here are some tips if you plan to visit/live there:

1. keep an Umbrella in your handbag
Preferably a one that you can fold up really small and has a bright pattern. You never know when its gonna rain.

2. Get an Oyster Card
It gets pretty annoying having to keep dishing out money to pay for tickets

3. Don't own a car
Unless you really need one of course.The entire time I lived in London I never owned a car. It gets a bit in the way and its much easier to use public transportation.

4. Don't imitate people's accents
This one really annoyed me. I would be walking home from school and talking to my friends when a random tourist (usually american) would come up to us and (badly) try to do an english accent. It was offensive (because I would think I sounded like that) and creepy. Now if you know this person really well the circumstances may change, but don't just run around trying to copy ppl's accents.

5. Learn our Culture and don't insult us
We don't all love tea (though I do), hold our pinkies up, have bad teeth, are pale, know the queen, and come from old money. Watch some TV and talk around with locals.

6. Learn your way around the underground
my personal fave way to travel around london

7. Visit the Museum's
A lot of them are free in South Kensington (where I used to live)

8. Watch Doctor Who
Though not everyone watches it. It is a great show and a very important part of Brit culture.

9. Check out London Fashion
We Londoners are very chic. Check out blogs like these to see street style http://stylescout.blogspot.com/
http://streetstylelondon.blogspot.com/

10. Check out the sights
London Eye (never been on it but it sounds fun), Big Ben, Parliament, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, yada, yada, yada

11. Go to the parks
they're really pretty. My fave is Hyde Park.

12. Go to the Jam
its a restaurant on 289a Kings Road, London, SW3 5EW. They have really cool seating. You can either climb up the ladder to an upper table or stay on the floor on a lower table. The bathrooms are cool too.
http://www.london-eating.co.uk/293.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...