Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New York Fun!

So a few days ago My friend, Sara, called me up to see if my twin and I wanted to go to Manhattan with her mom and her. Her mom works in 30 Rockefeller Center at the Dr. Oz show. So we went to her office and met a lot of people and went to the art department and looked at stuff they use on the show. Very Fun. I then got to look round the studios of Dr. Oz and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (I think thats the name of his show I've only watched it once). Then we went Ice Skating. Also very fun but the ice hadn't been smoothed in a while so people were falling like bombs in the london blitz (good metaphor huh!). I (with barely any training) only fell over once. So glad! Then we went to Times Square. We went into Forever 21 and got two of those photo booth pictures. Unfortunateley in all of the pix at least one of us looked weird or high or both. My friend Sara was determined to find some theatre where she saw some play. And from mucho complaints from me about the cold, we finally caught a glimpse of the theatre. ONLY for Sara look at it from across the street and then turn around and walk away. Damn You Sara! JK! Yeah then we went to The Magnolia Bakery because its supposed to be really really good. It was! I got a Barbie cupcake. sooo cute and yummy. Its good I dont live in new york or i'd be 400000 lbs heavier. After that we had to walk back to 30 Rock (LOL) to get our train tickets. After we got them we ran around trying to find Grand Central, neither Emily (my twin) nor Sara would ask for directions. I with stealth and skill walked around trying to get people to point where to go. 3 people were tourists. One couldn't even speak english. Finally I  found someone who told me it was just down the street! We ran but got distracted by Sephora. I bought some liquid eyeliner. We got into the train station and I bought a Vogue which was about a million pages long and half of it was ads. Then we got in the train, went to sara's house and watched the social network (I've watched it 3 and a half times, its gonna totally win an oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...