Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tanya Gold and Tavi Gevinson: The Article

Today I logged on my account and saw that Tavi was getting into a stupor (lol stupor) about some article some lady wrote! The article was about some lady (Tanya Gold) hating fashion and people that love it. I have to agree with Tavi. Tanya was making it sound like everyone that likes fashion and clothes are shallow beauty-crazed loons. I mean some people are like that, but you can't just generalize stuff like that. Anyway, from her picture, I can tell that she is wearing make-up and she looks nice (hmmm i smell hypocrite). What annoys me most is that Tanya is saying that fashion is just dresses and high heels. Well no it isn't! Also, Tanya seems to have some kind of therapist-need for her childhood: "I thought I looked just like the effortlessly beautiful girls at school. Except I didn't. And, very soon, I realised that I didn't. All that weekend job money and childish angst and still I looked like me. That was the first seduction – and the first betrayal." (hmm)
Yes, well no I've  made my point sooo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...